Friday, August 26, 2011

child wrangler

The universe knew what it was doing when it turned our oldest son into a teenager the month before we welcomed a newborn into our family. It knew that there would be days when wrestling with a greased pig would be exhausting for harried parents. And, in would swoop the tireless strength and energy of youth to brace the wild beast so that we could make dinner or do a load of laundry.


Okay, well maybe the energy is not tireless. But, we have been able to borrow it for a brief respite from time to time. Looking ahead to the start of the school year, I am filled with the brand of dread you might feel before an impending major surgery. The older children have been such a great asset and have more than proven their worth this summer. It's been so nice to have an extra set of hands or two to wrangle The Baby. I wonder if I will ever be able to go to the bathroom alone again before three o'clock.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you! But keep in mind that toddler is a stair climber go get Mommy anything-she-needs-at-the-moment helper in training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha.. a greased pig.. Amy, you make me laugh!
    As chaotic these moments seem to be, I secretly can't wait for them for myself someday. :)

    And thanks for your words, they as a little joy to my day as always.. (I think my blown-out sandle was further reason for me to go boot-shopping! Haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little greased pig is the cutest thing! And the wranglers...also pretty fantastic : )

    Hope they have a great school year. Have a fun weekend. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete