Wednesday, August 10, 2011

parting words


My sister and the boys left yesterday. There is a giant empty space that only their bodies can fill. Our family felt complete-balanced even in the chaos of cousins clamoring for each other's attention. I know that my sister and brother- in- law want to move back here. It will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later. As we shed our parting tears yesterday, the sky opened up and it began to pour. Henry nudged me, "It looks like you wished for the wrong thing, Mom."
"How is that?"
"You wished for rain the other day, when you should have wished for Aunt Bug to stay forever."
You can rest assured, that the only wishes that will spring forth from my heart (besides good will to all mankind) are wishes to bring my sister and the boys back to Buffalo forever.

Some images from their visit:

They were sharing a snack, hence the fingers in the mouth in all of the illustrations and in this picture.

The 7 Cousins

6 comments:

  1. i love your illustrations and the texts are really funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wished for rain but you should have wished for them to stay forever...OH MY GOODNESS! That is the sweetest thing ever. What a fun blog. So original and creative. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Julia- thank you. I love your captivating photographs. They make me long to travel-to venture out and drink up the world.
    @Becky- thank you for your kind words. I love your blog- love how you combine your stories with your amazing photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha so sweet. i always feel a big gaping hole when my extended family leaves after a visit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kimia and Silje- Thank you so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete