Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy March

In like a lion...


...Out like a lamb

March, you had better be a lamb by the end of your run. You are a very long month.  As much as I wish that I were a drinker and could revel in the celebration of St. Patrick's day- it's really not my holiday (although I do love wearing green and pretending that it matters to me). There are not any other festivities to look forward to this month- except for the first day of spring which the calendar says is on March 20th (But, in Buffalo, it will not really arrive until the last week of June when the kids will swelter in their non-air conditioned classrooms counting down the minutes to summer vacation).  This is the first year in a long time that we have had a true, wearisome, snow sodden, Buffalo winter. I am ready to stop hibernating- ready to throw open the windows and dance with the first teases of warm air.  The Baby is ready to emerge from the cave running. I am really looking forward to the thaw and getting outside to clean up 4 months of built up dog poop. Tis the simple things that make me happy. 
 
Wishing you all a warm and prosperous March.

1 comment: