Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh, S'No!

It would have been nice to wake up to a little bit of this on my doorstep this morning:

Spring!


But instead, I woke up to the collective groan of the good people of Buffalo, New York who had just discovered upon clearing the sleep from their eyes that it snowed. Again. It's old news. But, I'm not going to complain. I just wish that I had the jaunty optimism, the rosy outlook, the song in my heart to embrace it. I  wish I could be Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen on the train to Vermont in White Christmas nuzzling the images of snow with their song. 


                          

Sadly for the lovely, little traveling quartet, there was nary a snowflake on the ground when they arrived in Vermont. If only their train had been diverted to Buffalo. In March.

No comments:

Post a Comment