Tuesday, February 14, 2012

somewhere

With four demanding pups at home, Maude and Rex realized that they were losing touch with each other. They had become two ships passing in the night. They longed for time together alone- without the daily pressures of work, soul searching and family.


There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us
Somewhere*


There's a time for us,
Someday a time for us,
Time together with time to spare
Time to look, time to care
Someday!
Somewhere.
We'll find a new way of living
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere.


There's a place for us
A time and a place for us
Hold my hand and we're half way there
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Someday,
Somewhere!

 
Here's to staying connected with the ones you love.

*Somewhere from West Side Story
Music by Leonard Bernstein, Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim


3 comments:

  1. He he he - am I supposed to laugh? This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was cracking myself up when I was coming up with the concept. I wish I had had the song running in the background to add to the silliness of it all.

      Delete
  2. ALWAYS loved this tune,
    and I ALWAYS love your take on life...

    My hubby and I need some of that away time too. Someday, somewhere. Yep. You said it.

    BEAUTIFUL illustrations.
    Hope your heart day was full of heart, in whatever way that it could be with the four pups at your paws:)
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete