Friday, November 4, 2011

Like, I'm So Popular

Last week, The Baby stopped calling me Mama. Now I am Mommy. Correction, now, I am MY ma-ME. She has become extremely possessive of me around the other children. No one is allowed to speak to me or touch me without her blessing. So far, she isn't doling that out generously. The other day, my nephew, Lu was spending time with us during nap time-or, as I call it 'the Precious.' The Baby was already asleep by the time Lu arrived at our house. My sister asked me to try to put him down for a nap in our bedroom in the portable crib. But, Lu was too nervous to be left alone in our unfamiliar house and he began to whimper, "Mommy? Mommy?" This woke The Baby up- just enough for her to echo a cry- "MY ma-ME, MY ma-ME," asserting, just in case there was any confusion in the matter, that ain't no one gonna claim her mama as his own. It makes me feel so tangled and anchored in one small harbor so adored, so popular.

The following is a scene which occurred earlier this week between the dinner clean-up and bath time hours:


As I write this, she has insinuated herself between me and the monitor. She is yelling at the images of herself on the screen. 'No Violee (that is what she calls herself)! That's MY ma-ME!'

Wishing you all a Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. LMAO... never a dull moment in your family it seems Amy! Haha.. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I love this. All too soon they are running the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your drawings are incorporated into your stories. These are fantastic. I really, really like your style and your words and your humor, and I appreciate that fact that I stumbled across your blog by means of "Aura Joon."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments!
    Dawn, I'm so happy you stumbled here, too.

    ReplyDelete